Kathmandu, Aug 8. A huge amount of property of Subisu Cable Net Pvt. Ltd at Baluwatar was damaged when it caught fire on Wednesday afternoon. In the beginning, the fire started due to short circuit and later it spread after coming into contact with more than 10,000 liters of diesel stored for office purpose, said Spokesperson at the Metropolitan Police Range, Kathmandu, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Hobindra Bogati.
The fire that started from a room where generators were kept took a big shape after it reached to a tank where diesel was stored, said company chair Bijay Lal Shrestha. The fire destroyed different goods including routers, MPA routers, high-capacity devices and processers. The company has been providing different services including internet, intranet, hosting service for different companies and cable television service.
Shrestha said that the company itself, insurance company and police are carrying out separate investigation into the incident of fire. The insurance was reportedly done for Rs. one billion. The exact extent of the damage would be known only after carefully studying all the damages incurred, Shrestha said.
Meanwhile, DSP at the Metropolitan Police Range, Kamal Pokhari said that it was the first time that he saw such huge scale of incident of fire in Kathmandu. The fire that broke out at around 12:30 in the afternoon was put out at 2:00 pm.